Friday 18 February 2011

A print on canvas

I have never made a canvas print of an image I have taken before but interested in seeing what the results would be like I sent off an image I thought would work well...
...well, not too bad. I chose this photograph to print in the hope that the colours would burst from the canvas and I think it worked rather well. Also, as so many cm of the image had to be lost to stretch around the sides it also tightened the crop, to improve the image further still. If I was going to be picky I think the whites in the image should have been lightened as they were a little too grey but thats only a minor issue. This gives me the idea that if I managed to get a stunning squirrel shot (much much better than any I currently have) and print it onto canvas there could be a market. A future project..?...watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment